REGISTRATION CLOSES 12.00
12.00 SCRUTINEERING FOR SET OFF SEQUENCE & START POSITIONS. Endeavouring to provide as tight a finish as possible for competitors and spectators benefit.
ASSESMENT & JUDGING FOR CONCOURSE TROPHY, METHUSELAHS SCULL & OTHERS. By invited independent judges.
12.30—13.00 SAFETY BRIEFINGS x 2 FOR SAFETY BOATS & COMPETITORS.
START TIME 13.30 TO BE CONFIRMED BUT SUBJECT TO RIVER CONDITIONS.
- TRINITY 500’s (Sea Cadet Corps) & HOME COUNTIES GIG’s (Scouts). Combined start in the Le Mans Style ( One runner ). Beach finish & Bell ring.
TO FOLLOW ON 2. EGRET’s Combined start in the Le Mans style (one runner ) Beach finish & Bell ring.
- CLASSIC & SPIRIT OF TRADITION ( OPEN CLASS ) Two classes Fixed & sliding seat. Staggered 30 second standing start from line.Finish on the line.
- SUP’s Stand up paddle boarders. Standing start from line. Line finish.
5.BURSLEDON GIGS (& others deemed suitable by raid committee and by agreement), Staggered start at 30 second intervals in the Le Mans style (1 crew only). Beach finish with bell ring.
( Dependent on numbers, gigs maybe sent off two at a time).
- MEGA GIGS ( Larger craft, Jolly Boats, Long Boats, Cornish Pilot Gigs & Solent Galleys etc). Staggered standing start from line at 30 second intervals. Finish at the line / No bell.
- OUTRIGGER CANOES. Line start, Line finish no bell.
- CANOES. Line Start, Line finish no bell.
- SINGLE HANDED KAYAK. Line Start, Line finish no bell.
- MULTIPLE HANDED KAYAK. Line Start, Line finish no bell.
Upon finishing, classes 1, 2 & 5 will have one crew member alight ashore and make their way to the Hamble Sea Scouts bell to ring it to conclude their race.
The line will be from the down stream end of the Hamble Quay Pontoon to a moored boat suitably identified.
This line is some way off the beach to allow those finishing at the line to veer out of the finish area and ensure that they must not beach within the area designated for the beach finishers.
Additional Classes can be accommodated if 3 or more boats of similar / same type / style enter. Please contact the organisers.